Verizon is a telecommunication company which proudly owns the ‘Nation’s largest 4G LTE Network’ status. Customers vouch for its smooth and lighting fast quick network. Verizon has earned this position by constantly pushing their technological innovation further and further in order to serve its customers with the best services in small and medium business solutions which include FiOS, high-speed internet, phone, and TV services. In the routers category, Verizon offers you some very powerful high-performance routers such as ‘Fios Quantum Gateway’, ‘D-Link 2750B Wireless Gateway’, ‘Fios Action tech Wireless Broadband’ and ‘Action tech GT784WNV Wireless Gateway.’
It is important for the users to have a basic understanding of their powerful routers on which they depend on a day to day basis. As the first step towards the basic understanding- a router is made of several important parts such as a processor, digital memory, and several ‘input and output’ interfaces. Its purpose is to forward or communicate several data packs between computers which form two or three networks. It operates on those two to three sub-networks at another network called ‘Open System Interconnection’ aka- OSI. By learning about its construction and purpose, are you not feeling surprised about the complexity of this tiny yet powerful device on which we so much depend so much?
In cases where some connectivity errors pop up, the users should backup themselves with some handy troubleshooting solutions. Before we get into technical step by step guide to solve your router’s connectivity issues, please take care of these few basic points. Some connectivity issues can be hardware, software, or environment based. Some of the very common issues that can be instantly fixed but are often overlooked are:
- Check the stability of power connection to your device.
- Make sure your device isn’t overheated.
- Please check the strength of signals of your router.
- Ensure a proper connection of all the cables and wires to the router and to the computer that you are using.
- Area coverage of any router’s signals is based on its strength. So make sure you are not too far away from the router and expecting a signal.
This article is written to power you up with troubleshooting solutions in the face of internet connectivity errors. Let’s have a quick look at certain scenarios where you can solve the router connectivity issues in quick, simple and effective ways:
1. When you are not able to connect to the internet at all:
In case you are not able to get any internet connection, please follow the following steps to solve the matter:
- As the first step please check for any loose cable connections and fix them.
- Check the coax cable that connects to the WAN port. To do so, please unplug the power cable from the router and WAN port. Inside the connectors, you will find a copper needle. Ensure it isn’t bent or broken. Also, check the entire length of the entire coax cable for any physical damages.
- After ensuring the above instructions, please reconnect the coax cable back into the router and WAN port. You now need to wait for about two to three minutes for your router to start.
The above steps should solve the common connectivity issues. In case the problem still persists, you will need a personalized assistance.
2. Do you want to access your Wi-Fi credentials?
Your router comes with a unique default username (ESSID) and a security password (WPA2.) They come printed on the sticker which can be found at the bottom of your router. (As recommended, you should personalize these security details to ensure a strong privacy.)
3. Is your router rebooting randomly?
If your router behaves in an unpredictable way such as rebooting randomly, please follow the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Are all the cables that are connected to the router, connected firmly?
- Is your power adapter securely connected?
- Ensure your router is getting constant power supply by avoiding power strips.
- In case your router is connected to GFCI outlet, ensure the outlet isn’t tripped and doesn’t require a reset.
- If the problem still persists, then plug the router directly into the electric socket.
- In about two to three minutes your router will re-start.
- If you did factory rest on your router in recent times, then you may need to wait for extra two minutes to allow your router to completely reset.
- Open any browser on your PC and try to open any website.
The above steps should solve the matter. If the problem still persists, you will need a detailed support from our team of experts.
4. Wish to set-up a new router?
In order to set-up a new router, please follow the following instructions:
- The key is to attend to one cable at a time while switching from the old router to set up the new one.
- Remove the power cord from old router and the power switch. Plug in the cord in the exact location on the new router. And then switch on the power.
- Your new router will take about two to three minutes to start up.
These simple steps should help you to set-up your new router. In case it doesn’t work, you may need Verizon’s in-person assistance to have an in-depth analysis.
This article is written to give you a comprehensive understanding of the steps you can take to troubleshoot any router related issue. Verizon offers you an in-depth router technical support online via live chats, telephone services and in-person assistance depending on the severity of the matter. MyComputerRepair team of experts is happy to help you with any queries that you have. Please feel free to contact them at ✆+1-800-828-6304. They are available 24/7 in your service.