Printers have become a very important peripheral device at homes and offices alike. People of different age group use these printing machines for various purposes. Office going people use it to take out important files and documents, college students use it to print out the college assignments and notes while school going kids use it for their projects & homework. As we can see, these printing machines are used by millions across the globe to take a printout in hard copy for their important files. In the last decade, printer technology has made many advancements, which made these machines more compact, easy to use by layman and of course the prices have come down significantly too.
Although these printing machines play a very vital role in our day-to-day life, its complexity cannot be denied. We at our Printer Technical Support receives volumes of calls from worried printer users complaining about different printing issues they might be having. One such query which has been asked a lot is, Printer Spooler not working. This problem has been troubling printer users for quite some time now. Are you facing a problem with your printer spooler as well, then do not worry, In this article I will discuss in detail about the Printer spooler, what is it, what does it do and how to resolve the issue. Kindly go through the article carefully to fix your Printer spooler problem.
What is Printer Spooler, what does it do?
Printer Spooler is a service embedded into your printing machine and is responsible for maintaining the communication between your printer device and the computer. Basically, when you give a print command to your printer over the network wirelessly or through a wired connection, this Spooler service carries your print command from the source to the printing machines. If the spooler services do not work on your computer for some reason, you would not be able to carry on your printing jobs normally. Every time you give a print command, a message might pop-up, saying Printer Spooler not working. These services like any other tends to fail, get corrupted or due to some internal software conflict completely stops working. In the following section I will discuss how to troubleshoot the Printer Spooler not working. So, make sure you try these troubleshooting techniques carefully to resolve the issue.
How to troubleshoot Printer Spooler not Working:
If the Spooler service on your Printer has been corrupted or not working at all then chances are it has been stopped due to some malfunction or internal software snag. This Spooler service needs to be troubleshoot to resolve the problem. Here, I will discuss various troubleshooting techniques to resolve the problem, so kindly go through them carefully.
Auto -Troubleshooting: In order to resolve the problem of Spooler on your printer, you must make sure your printer is connected to a power source and switched On. If it is a wireless device make sure it is connected to your network. Now follow the given set of instructions carefully.
- Go to the start menu, and click on Control Panel. From the Control panel, go to Printer & Hardware Devices.
- On the main page for Printer & hardware devices, you will notice all the printers and scanners connected over your network. Here, you need to find the right printer on which the spooler services have stopped and right-click on it.
- From the drop-down menu, select Troubleshoot. Your computer will start the automatic troubleshooting technique and look for the problems associated with it. After the scanning has been done, a list of issues will appear along with a possible solution.
- If your computer can fix the problem from within it will do it, if you need to download certain components, the computer will guide you to do the same. Once the process is complete, restart your printer and try printing a test-page to make sure everything is working fine.
Manually restart Spooler service on your Printer: If the troubleshooting did not resolve the problem for you, then you need to manually restart the Spooler services for your printer. Sometimes the spooler service also stops if there is plenty of work load, the Spooler crashes. Here, I will discuss how to manually restart the spooler service.
- Go to the Control Panel and them navigate to Printer & Hardware device.
- From the list of devices mentioned there, select your Printer whose Spooler services are not working and then right-click on it.
- From the side-menu, select Properties. A new windows for your Printer device will appear listing all the properties. Go to the Advanced mode from this window, here you will find the option for Spooler service.
- Click on it and restart the services, your printer and computer will restart. Once they get switched on, check if the Spooler services have started working. You can try painting a dummy page to make sure it is working.
Look for any Firmware Update: Firmware is software program released by your manufacturer, time -to-time to resolve certain snags and issues with your machine. These software programs are available for free and can be easily downloaded from your vendor’s official website. Go to the official website page and then click on Downloads & Services. This will redirect you to another page. Here you will be required to enter the model number of your device and all the available updated firmware and software will be listed. You can download it from here.
These are some of the troubleshooting techniques to help you resolve your Printer Spooler not working. In case you have any doubts regarding these steps or feel the need of technical expertise from finest printer engineers, contact us at our Printer Technical Support and seek help from the experienced and qualified printer experts. We are available for 24*7 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year.