Printers have become a common household commodity in majority of the urban households. The user base for these printing machines sore into millions, thanks to the recent advancements in imaging & printing technology in the last decade. The advancements made these machines more compact and easier to use for common folks without any prior technical knowledge about these machines.
With increasing numbers of manufacturers and competition among them, these machines became more affordable too. Millions of people from different age groups use these printers to take out important files, documents, notes, school project etc, in hard copy format. These machines for sure have made life better for many people, but its complexity cannot be denied.
Printers being a complex machine and like any other electronic device, it might falter without any prior notice or warning. One such common query we receive at our HP Printer Technical Support team is, printer not working with Windows 10. We have noticed that this is true, and Windows 10 does remove certain software and installed drivers of third-party devices when you upgrade to Windows 10.
Are you facing a similar issue with your printer? Well, then do not worry, as I will discuss a detailed troubleshooting help to resolve the issue. In case you have any other printer related queries or issues, regarding which you feel the need of technical intervention. Then call our Printer Technical Support team available for 24/7 round the clock for your service.
What are the causes for, “Printer not working with Windows 10” issue?
Windows Operating System is one of the most widely used OS currently worldwide. Microsoft, the parent company has been releasing different OS updates from time-to-time to compete with other competitors in the market. In its Windows 10 edition though, users have complained about certain software and driver components of their peripheral devices missing, especially Printers.
Many printer users have complained about their Printer not Working with Windows 10. The possible causes for this issue could be an inbuilt firewall or security settings which might have confused or detected your printer driver for a malicious file. Other causes for your printer to be not able to work with Windows 1O could be any of these,
● The printer might not be listed as default.
● Communication Error between your printer and Windows 10.
● Your Printer Spooler service might have been blocked or malfunctioned.
● Hardware related issues with your Printer
In the following section, we will look at different troubleshooting techniques one can use to resolve the error and make your printer device work with Windows 10. So follow the set of instructions mentioned and carefully and apply the troubleshooting technique to resolve the issue.
How to Troubleshoot ‘Printer Not Working With Windows 10’ issue?
Troubleshooting the Windows 10 malfunction issue with your printer can be done mainly by identifying the causes first and then systematically resolving the issue. Here, I will discuss various troubleshooting techniques to make sure your Printer starts working perfectly fine with your Windows 10, and also you do not face a similar issue in near future. So, follow these instructions carefully.
Update Drivers: One of the most prominent reasons for your printer to be not able to work with Windows 10 Os, could be because of deletion of certain software drivers. So follow these instructions to update all the drivers for your Printer.
- Go to your Computer’s Device Manager, and look for your Printer device from the long list. Click on it, all the software and Drivers of your printer will get listed there. In case any of the drivers are not working or expired or has been deleted, you will notice a small warning triangle.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official page of your Printer brand. On the main page, click on “Support/ Software Solution/ Driver Download” from the main page. You will be redirected to the Drivers & Downloads page.
- On the Driver & Downloads page, you need the enter the model number of your device, and all the updated software drivers will get listed. Select all the drivers you need and download them on your computer. Install it and see if the issue has been resolved.
Make sure your Printer is listed as Default: If your printer device is wireless and works over the network, it needs to be listed as default to be accessible all the time. In case you have not added it as your default, it will go into sleep mode, and you have to add it every time you need to print something. So follow the instructions below to set it up as your default printer.
- Go to the Control panel on your Windows computer, and then click on Add a Printer/Hardware device. Make sure your printer is switched on and discoverable.
- Your PC will start looking for any nearby devices, select the name of your device from the given list and then follow the instructions in the setup window.
- After the installation is complete, connect your device to your home network, by entering your wifi password and try printing a test page.
Restart Spooler Service of your printer: If updating your printer driver and setting it up as your default does not resolve the issue then you need to restart your Printer Spooler service. This Spooler service is responsible for transferring your print commands from your PC to the Printer. Follow the instructions carefully:
- Go to your PC’s Control panel > Printer & Hardware Devices, Right-click on your Printer and select Settings.
- From the main settings menu, select Advanced Settings, here you will find the Spooler service, click on troubleshoot or restart to resolve the problem.
- Once the Spooler services get restarted check if you are Printer is able to communicate with the Windows 10 PC.
These are some of the troubleshooting techniques to help you resolve your connectivity with Windows 10 problems. In case you have any doubts regarding these steps or feel the need of technical expertise from finest printer engineers, contact us at our Printer Technical Support and seek help from the experienced and qualified printer experts. We are available for 24*7 at ✆+1-800-828-6304 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year.