Lexmark Printers are one of the most popular brand names in imaging and printing sector. These printers are widely used by millions all across the globe to print a hard copy of their documents and projects. These printers are complicated machine with multiple hardware bundled together along with the software to give you a hassle free experience.
Often people have complained about the malfunctioning of these printers specifically when they upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8. Windows 10 operating system has been reported to delete some of the incompatible apps and software. This issue can be related to Lexmark printer driver which are required for the proper functioning of hardware components. In this article, I will discuss a set of troubleshooting techniques to resolve the issue.
In case you have any difficulty in understanding or implementing these steps, feel free to contact our Lexmark Printer Technical Support for complete solutions.
We at our Lexmark Printer Tech Support receive numerous calls and complaints from different Lexmark Printer users’ complaining about different issues. One common one has been regarding the compatibility with Windows 10. People seem to have encountered issues with their printers not working with Windows 10? Are you having the similar issue with your Lexmark Printer? Do you have a compatible issue with your Windows 10 OS? Well, need not worry as I will discuss a detailed description of the reasons and possible troubleshooting assistance. So follow these instructions carefully. In case you have any other technical issue troubling you, feel free to contact our Lexmark Support for immediate help. We provide complete troubleshooting assistance and software solutions.
Troubleshooting of Lexmark Printer Windows 10 issues:
Here, I will discuss a different set of troubleshooting techniques in a detailed manner to resolve the issue. These steps have been varied by our printer engineers at Lexmark Printer Technical Support. Follow these instructions carefully:
A. Update Printer Driver Manually: Drivers are software program embedded in your printer’s CPU unit to help the hardware function properly. When you update your OS to Windows 10, some of these drivers tend to get corrupted or broken in the process. So you need to update it manually to make sure it works efficiently. The driver updates are free and can be made available through the official website of your vendor, Lexmark in this case. Follow the stepwise procedure to update your driver manually.
- First, navigate to Windows 10 control center.
- Now go to the device manager.
- Select your printer device from the given set of options and devices mentioned there which you want to update the driver for. You will notice the drivers with problems or which has been corrupted in the yellow mark.
- Right-click on the printer device and choose “Update Driver Software” from the drop-down menu.
- When you select the option for updating driver software. You will be given two options, first one is to ”search and download the driver from the internet”, in this you simply need to follow the instructions on the screen and you will able to install the desired driver. The second option is to “Search the computer for driver files”, in case you have already downloaded earlier then you can use the downloaded version from your computer to update it.
B. Use Windows update for latest drivers: In this method, you can take the help of your Windows Update section to download the drivers. The stepwise instruction on how to do that has been listed below.
- Navigate to “Start” button and then click on “Settings”
- Settings Window will be open, now select “Update & Security”
- Now select “Windows Update” from the left-hand side.
- Click on the Updates, and wait until Windows find the appropriate updates of your drivers.
- Now click on the links indicating the updates, if you do not find any driver related link in the settings that mean Windows was unable to find any suitable update, in that case, you can use the previous method to update your drivers.
- Install the available updates found by you Windows and restart your computer to let it implement necessary changes.
C. Update your Printer automatically using third party software: Updating your printer driver manually might be a hectic and time-consuming process. On the other hand, Windows updater might not be able to find a suitable driver update for your printer. So in order to avoid these kinds of scenarios, it is recommended to use a third party application to update your drivers and software. These third-party applications prove to be very helpful as they are specifically designed to continuously look for updates and alert you about it if any new updates are available. These are fairly simple to use too.
These are some of the common and detailed troubleshooting techniques to resolve the issue of your Lexmark printer in Windows 10. Hopefully, these steps helped you in updating your printer driver. In case you have any difficulty in understanding these parts or you have other complications and problems with your printer then contact our Lexmark Printer Technical Support.
They have a group of highly qualified printer engineers with years of expertise in resolving printer issues of thousands of satisfied customer. Lexmark Printer Technical Support is renowned for their customer service, efficient and affordable solutions. You can call at our toll-free number ✆+1-800-828-6304 for any further assistance.