Printers have indeed made our work flow far more efficient, quicker and progressive. No matter how much we rely on the internet, we definitely need hard copy storage.
Yet we face a certain days when the printer refuses to process the print command and we are left with the coded errors. The coded errors may look daunting and may make you want to visit an IT technician, but you don’t always need to do so. Some printer errors can be resolved with some simple DIY troubleshooting methods. One such error is ‘Lexmark Printer Error 22.’ In this article we will provide you with the knowledge you need that you need to resolve this error. So let us begin!
First of all let us start with looking at the reasons that create this error, instead of jumping straight into the troubleshooting methods. Why? Because, it will help you to handle the issue at the core level and in addition it will give you a good insight to maintain your machine for a long run. So here’s presenting you the real culprits behind this error:
- This error can occur if there is paper jam in the paper input tray of the printer.
- Another reason behind this error when there is a shortage of paper in the paper input tray.
- Thirdly this error can occur when there is paper stuck in some internal part of your printer.
Troubleshooting of ‘Lexmark Printer Error 22’:
Now that you have learnt about the reasons that lead your printer to show this error, it will be much easier for you to handle it now. Here in this section we will share a few solutions that will resolve this error. Just make sure that you follow the given instructions in the exact order as they are mentioned. So let us get started!
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to check the paper input tray of your Lexmark Printer. Below are some steps that you can follow to resolve the error:
- Locate the paper input tray of your printer.
- If there are no printing sheets in the tray, then please supply some paper to your printer.
- When feeding paper to your printer, please make sure you don’t exceed the maximum limit of paper that you can place on the tray.
- There is maximum limit mark on the tray that can help you decide the number of sheets to be placed.
Note: When you feed paper to the printer, please check the stack of the paper for any dirt, dust, folded corners, deformity etc.
- After feeding the paper, you can now resume printing.
In case the error reappears, then move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 2:
The next solution is to check for the jammed paper in the paper input tray. Please follow these step by step instructions in order to resolve error:
- Locate the paper input tray.
- Inspect the rollers of the input tray for any stuck paper.
- If there is a sheet of paper stuck there, then you need to gently hold the corners of the sheet, and with slow movements, pull out the sheet carefully.
Tip: Don’t rush into pulling the paper, as it may tear the paper and lead you to a deeper problem.
You will need: A lint free cloth.
- Press the front door of the printer to open it.
- Locate the drum, printer carriage, and the ink cartridge area of the printer.
- Inspect the drum, printer carriage, and the ink cartridge area of the printer for any bits of paper and any foreign material such as dirt, packaging material etc. If there is any, please clear it off with the help of a lint free cloth.
- Close the printer carefully.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article helped you to resolve ‘Lexmark Printer Error 22.’ If you need any further support, we are happy to help you 24/7 at.
If the problem doesn’t resolve even after the second deep cleaning or if you have any doubt in performing the aforesaid steps, then please feel free to contact us on our Lexmark Printer Technical Support Toll-Free Number ✆+1-800-828-6304. We are a pool of professional technicians who strive to resolve all your Lexmark printer error.