Amidst printing when you get a printer error, and the important project comes to a halt, it can be quite challenging. We understand your position, and that’s why we have written this article just to back you up on those tricky occasions when you printer shows an error message- ‘Dell printer error code 016 720.’
Printer errors are coded messages that are prompted by your printer to highlight the underlying issues. To help you understand those issues, we are here to power you up with precise knowledge that you need to handle this error. So let us begin!
The first thing to understand about this error is the reasons that cause this error. Why? Because this knowledge will enable you to handle the troubleshooting method in a deeper way. And in addition, you will get a good insight on maintaining a good life of your printer. So let us look at the reasons that cause this error here:
- Sometimes a faulty printer data cable leads to this error.
- Other reason can be that you printer requires a switch from PCL Driver to the Binary mode.
- Another reason can be that your printer requires is a NVRAM reset.
Troubleshooting of ‘Dell printer error code 016 720’:
In this section of the article, you will find solutions to troubleshoot- ‘Dell printer error code 016 720.’ You will also find some tips and points to bear in mind while following the various solutions. Please make sure that you follow the steps in the right order as they are mentioned.
Quick Fix 1:
The solution to this error is to perform a simple power cycle on the printer. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Make sure our printer is switched on.
- Now press the power button of the printer to switch it off.
- Disconnect all the wires, USB cables, and cords from the printer.
- Leave the printer idle for two to three minutes.
- Now connect all the wires, USB cables, and cords to the printer.
- Please press the power button again to switch on the printer.
- Give your printer a little while to become ready.
Above step should resolve the error, if they don’t then move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 2:
Next solution is to reset the NVRAM. Below are the steps to do so:
- Make sure your printer is switched on.
- Now on the control panel of the printer, please press the ‘Select’ button.
- Now Press the ‘Menu’ Button.
- Now you need to go to the ‘Admin Menu’. You can do so with the help of the ‘Down’ button.
- Go to ‘Maintenance’ option and select it.
- Again with the help the ‘Down’ button go to ‘Reset Default’ option.
- The printer will ask you to confirm your action, please select ‘Ok.’
- A new window will appear on the LCD of your printer that says ‘Initialize and Restart the Printer’.
- Power off your printer and power it back again to restart your printer.
Quick Fix 3:
Another work around to this error is to print using the PostScript Driver. Below you can find the step by step guide on using the PostScript Driver:
- Locate and open the application that is struggling with this error.
- In the toolbar, click on ‘File’ option.
- From the drop down menu, please select ‘Print’ option.
- A ‘Print Dialogue’ will appear.
- Select the ‘Printer Driver’ that ends with PS3.
- Click on ‘Print.’
Quick Fix 3:
Other methods to resolve this error are:
- Try replacing the Printer data cable if it is faulty.
- Try changing the PCL Driver to the Binary Mode.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article proved to be helpful in resolving the error ‘Dell printer error code 016 720.’ In case you need any further support or wish to have clarification of your queries, please feel free to contact our team of experts. We are available for your assistance 24/7 at:
If the problem doesn’t resolve even after the second deep cleaning or if you have any doubt in performing the aforesaid steps, then please feel free to contact us on our Dell Printer Technical Support Toll-Free Number ✆+1-800-828-6304. We are a pool of professional technicians who strive to resolve all your Dell printer error.