Cleaning process utilizes ink, so clean the printheads only when required. The cleaning process takes a few minutes and generates some noise. Make sure to load paper before starting the cleaning of printheads.
The process to clean printhead on HP Officejet Pro 8500
Step one: Cleanse the electrical contacts on the printhead
Electrical contacts consist of sensitive electronic elements that harm easily.
- Gather the below materials:
- Soft, Dry, soft, lint-free cloth materials (eyeglass-cleaning fabrics are also going to work).
- Clean paper sheets or paper towels.
- Pull up the carriage door.
- Push the resume key and hold it for five secs.
- The carriage moves to the left side of the printer.
- Detach the power cable from the product.
- Pull the printhead blue handle residing inside the printer.
- Pull the printhead handle, and then pull it out from its slot.
- Grasp the printhead from both sides and cleanse the electrical contacts with a clean cloth
Note: Make sure you to avoid using water or touching the nozzles or using any other cleaning supplies.
- Place the printhead on a paper towel with the nozzles being facing upwards direction.
- If essential, repeat the steps mentioned above to print the additional printheads.
Step two: Putting back the printhead correctly
- After wiping the electrical parts, now its time to put back the printhead in the printer
- Attach the power cable to the printer.
- If the printer does not switch on automatically, switch it on by pressing the power button,
- On the control panel, ‘Printhead is missing’ message will appear.
- Grasp the printhead from both sides and put it in the slot as per its color-codes
- Put the Yellow/Black printhead on the left side of the slot.
- Put the Cyan/Magenta printhead on the right of the slot.
- Repeat above steps to put the additional printhead into their respective slots.
- Pull the printhead handle frontward, and then press down to entirely fit into the handle.
- Close the printer cover.
- Wait for around 20 secs for the printer to adjust the printheads
- Finally, print an alignment page.
Call ✆+1-800-828-6304 if you encounter any issues related to cleaning process of printheads. We have a pool of talented specialists that are ready to help you 24×7 and resolve your issues.
Scope of Services
- Competent Technicians
- Prompt Responsive service
- Practical Solutions for every technical issue