HP printers are one of the premium quality and the most popularly used printers. These HP printers have multi-purpose features like as printing, faxing, scanning, copying etc. However, these HP printers do have their occasional technical glitches like other technical machines. The most common problem of the HP printer is the printer error 6000. Such an error occurs in HP Officejet 6000 and 6000 Wireless Printer Series. Here, in this article, let us find out the cause of HP Printer error 6000 and how to fix them.
Cause of HP printer error 6000
HP printer error 6000 is due to paper jam issue. When the “Paper jam” message is displayed on the computer, it means there is the error 6000. Usually, you face the following problems with the printer with error 6000:
- The printer stops printing
- The Power and Resume button lights start blinking
How to resolve HP printer error 6000?
Try the following methods to solve the issue:
- Any loose paper in the device from the input tray and the output tray needs to be removed.
- However, you need to be careful as to not to remove the jammed paper as this can damage the print mechanism.
- The next step is to clear the paper jam. However, this should not be removed from the front of the product, as this can also harm the print mechanism.
- Turn off the printer
- Gently pull the paper out of the rollers by pushing the button on either side of the rear access panel, and then you need to pull the panel away from the device.
- You also need to check for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the printer. Torn pieces of paper should also be removed as these can cause more paper jams.
- You can also check jammed paper in the duplexer.
- Once the jammed papers are removed, reattach the rear access panel or duplexer.
- For this, push the door forward so as to fit it in its place.
- Open the top cover.
- Move the carriage to one side of the product.
- Here, also check for jammed paper in the printer and remove it
- Close the top cover.
- Switch on the printer and start printing
If the problem remains, see the next step.
Method 3 You need to see that the carriage moves freely
- Turn on the printer
- Open the top cover
- The carriage moves from left to the center of the product
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the back of the printer without turning off the printer
- Remove the cartridges
- Next, reinstall each cartridge into its proper slot till it clicks firmly into place
- Close the top cover.
- Reconnect the power cord
- Press the Power button
Method 4 Reset the printer
- This is the basic method of switching on and off the printer by removing the power cord and USB cable and then reconnecting them again.
- Print a Printer Status Report by pressing and holding the Cancel button on the control panel for about 3 seconds
- Release the button
- You get the report and this means that the issue is resolved.
- If not, then get professional support.
Need more assistance? Call us at ✆+1-800-828-6304
If by trying the above methods, your problem is not solved, then it is time for you to service the HP printer. But, before that, call us at ✆+1-800-828-6304 to give you a proper solution. Our Printer Support team will give a proper check of your printer, will understand the problem and give you a perfect solution. We not only do service of your printer but also provide you an effective solution of the error.
Scope of services
- 24 hours availability
- Team of professional experts
- Advanced tools and equipment to solve printer problems
- Reliable, affordable and instant HP Printer Technical Support