Facing ‘Epson Printer Error W-05’? We are here to help you out. Well although this error looks all covered up in coded technical terminology, but trust us it can be resolved with simple DUY troubleshooting methods.
Yes, you don’t need to run to any IT technician and pay heavy fees. Neither, you have to worry about this error for a very long time, as this article will give you step by step instructions on resolving this error. In addition, we will provide you with some tips on maintaining your printer for a long time. So without wasting any more time, let us begin!
Why is it important to know the reasons that lead to this error? It is important because it helps you to deal with the issue at a deeper level. And also it gives you a better understanding of how to maintain your printer’s health so that it lasts longer. So let us dig into the reasons first:
- The first reason for this error is when there is no paper supplied to the printer. Meaning- the paper input tray is empty.
- Second reason is when you have supplied paper to the printer, but it exceeds the maximum number of sheets that are permissible to feed to the printer.
Troubleshooting of Epson Printer Error W-05:
In this section, we will look into ways to resolve the error. The solutions will be accompanied with some tips in between to inform you about some keys points to bear in mind while resolving the error. Just make sure you follow the instructions in the right order as they are mentioned. So here we go!
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to check paper inspect tray of the printer. Here’s how you can do it:
- Paper input tray is the external tray of the printer.
- Check if there is any paper left in the tray.
- If there isn’t then please supply more sheets. (If there were sheets on the paper input tray then please move to ‘Quick Fix 2.’)
- Make sure to place the sheets neatly on the tray.
Quick Fix 2:
If you had already placed paper sheets on the tray and still are facing this error, then maybe you are exceeding the maximum number of sheets that are supposed to be placed on the paper input tray. Please follow these steps to check if this is the case:
- First of all, remove all the sheets from the paper input tray of your printer.
Note: Place them on a clean surface which free of any dirt, dust, oil, water, ink spillage etc.
- You need to inspect the paper input tray of the printer.
- Look for the maximum limit paper mark on the tray.
Tip: Now hold the stack of paper in your hands and check for:
- Any folded paper or folded corners. Please get rid of the folds and make them neat.
- Fan the stack of paper for any stuck dirt or dust inside the paper bundle.
- If there is any deformed sheet inside the bundle, then get rid of it.
- The above points are to be taken care of because although they seem very simple things, they bear the potential to cause major paper jams in your printer, and in some cases, they can cause serious harm to your machine. So prevention is always better.
- Place the required number of sheets on the paper tray.
- After placing the sheets, press ‘Start’ to resume the printing. The error should get resolved.
Scope of Service:
Have you got the ‘Epson Printer Error W-05’ resolved with the help of this article? We are happy if this article helped, but in case you need any more assistance, we are all ears.
If the problem doesn’t resolve even after the second deep cleaning or if you have any doubt in performing the aforesaid steps, then please feel free to contact us on our Epson Printer Support Toll-Free Number ✆+1-800-828-6304. We are a pool of professional technicians who strive to resolve all your Epson Printer Error.
Our team of experts is available for you 24/7 at your chosen time of comfort. So please feel free to contact us at: