With regular use, Inkjet printers become dirty. You will see excess ink “leaks”, which destroy the quality of the print. This is the time when it becomes essential to clean the inkjet printer.
Let us find out below how to clean an inkjet printer
Step 1: Clean the printheads
- For this, first, you have to remove the ink cartridges from the device.
- Take a piece of tissue paper. Or else, take a clean linen cloth. Put some drops of alcohol to it, preferably isopropyl alcohol.
- The print heads need to be rubbed gently using the tissue paper. Do this a number of times.
Step 2: Clean the ribbons
- Take window cleaner
- Put it on a piece of clean tissue.
- Check the back of the ink cartridge tray to find the ribbon
- Gently rub the window cleaner on the ribbon
Step 3: Clean the ink cartridge tray
- Take dry cotton swabs
- Use these swabs to clean any ink spots that are visible on the cartridge tray
- A little bit of alcohol can also be added on the cotton swab to clean the dirty ink spots and leaks
Step 4: Clean the stabilizer bar
- Take sewing machine oil or printer oil
- Spray few small drops of oil all along the sides of the stabilizer bar
- This will help the cartridge tray to slide smoothly on the bar
- This cleaning process helps in reducing squeaking and grinding noises of the printer.
Step 5: Clean the paper rollers
- Take a piece of a cotton swab. Put some alcohol on it. Or else use a window cleaner.
- Now, use the cotton swab to clean the paper pickup rollers. These rollers are found at the rear of the inkjet printer.
Need more assistance in the cleaning of your inkjet printer?
Scope of Service
- 24 hours available
- Expert professional team
- 100% satisfying services