Adobe PDF has been a boon to the conversion of the various types of files created by you. It ensures the same professional look and feel to your original document regardless of where, in which format, and on which device it is viewed. The Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) maintains your files and size formatting, font, and structure across various platforms such as Windows, Mac, and mobiles (both androids and iOS) in both view able and printable forms. Not only this, PDF is widely used because of the benefits like- it decreases file size, it is an interactive document, ensures protection with the help of password key and so on.
The wide acceptance of Adobe PDF Printer across educational, personal and professional sectors shows the result oriented high-performance customer satisfaction. Yet there are days when we do trip in using the software properly due to our own lack of thorough knowledge of the software or due to any external factor. In this article, we want to support you in troubleshooting the Adobe PDF Printer related challenges and issues. The solutions to your problems vary based on the kind of documents you are dealing with, the operating system you work on, and software updates.
Let’s have a look at some of the common Adobe PDF Printer issues that can be solved by following the given simple steps:
1. Is it Adobe PDF Printer or your hardware printer the problem?
In the case where you have given the command to print the document, all seamlessly goes fine but you don’t get any print out; can be because of the printer you are using. To check the issue, please use a different printer. Here are the steps:
- For Windows Users:
- Click on ‘Start’ button.
- Select ‘Settings.’
- Go to ‘Printers and Scanners’ via ‘Devices’ option.
- Click on ‘Printer’ option and select ‘Manage.’
- If the option of ‘Let Windows manage my default printer’ is already selected, please uncheck the option and select a different printer available to you.
- For OS X Yosemite Users:
- Click on ‘Apple Menu.’
- Click on ‘Option’ through ‘Default Printer’ Pop-up menu. Here you can select a printer to be a default printer to your computer which won’t change even when you print through a different printer.
- As a second option, if you wish to choose another printer then please click on the option that says ‘Last printer used.’ Your OS X Yosemite computer will automatically save the last printer you used on your network in its memory.
If you wish to change the name and location of a particular printer, you can also do so by following the given steps:
- Go to ‘Apple Menu.’
- On the list given on the left-hand side, please select ‘printer.’
- Now select ‘Options & Supplies.’
- Now click on ‘General.’ Here you can select a new name and location of your desired printer.
2. Is your ‘Printer Driver’ up to date?
Printer Driver is the program that controls the Adobe PDF Printer. You should always keep it updated and use the latest version of it which is available on the market. The benefit of using an updated version of Printer Driver is that it ensures perfect sync with new software that are used by you for various purposes to create your documents. Here’s how you can download the latest Printer Driver:
- Make sure you have your Printer Number ready.
- As a second step, go to your printer manufacturer’s official website. There you should search for ‘printer drivers’ option.
- Search for the appropriate printer driver for your model number.
- Usually the manufacturer’s official website provides step by step instruction on how to download and install their latest printer driver software.
- You can now use the latest printer driver software after you restart your computer.
3. In case the PDF file received online becomes corrupted:
You receive PDF files from all kind of sources such as PDF attached to emails, you get them via any USB, or you yourself download it from some online source. When you try to print those files, sometimes they don’t get printed. There are chances that these files have got corrupted in the process. To resolve this matter you can request the sender to send the file again if the communication is via email. If you have downloaded the file, then please delete and download it again, ensuring that this time you copy the file directly to the hard drive of your computer rather than on any other network.
4. If the original PDF fails to get printed:
If you have an original PDF at your end and when you give it a print command, the process fails, we request you to please create the PDF again. Here is how you can do it:
- As a first step, please open the file in its original program or software.
- Click on ‘File’ option in that software.
- Now select ‘Print’ option from the drop down menu and click on ‘Save As.’
- From the various extensions to save the file as, please select ‘.pdf’ format.
- Now your new PDF is ready to print.
5. Restart your computer:
It is surprisingly a simple step to find how swiftly the programs that weren’t working before start to work with a simple computer restart, as it keeps the memory of your computer prim and proper to the latest changes you have made.
We hope this article gave you a comprehensive guide to solve any Adobe PDF Printer related issues. We have addressed several other issues such as ‘preflight inspection for syntax related issues’, ‘software related solutions’ and many other technical answers to your Adobe PDF Printer issues on our website’s troubleshooting section. Also, our team of technical experts is happy to help you. They are here to give you customized solutions to your queries. You can reach us at ✆+1-800-828-6304 24/7.