Drivers are nothing but software programs to keep the functionalities of different hardware components up & running. Almost every component has certain drivers associated with it which make sure to keep that part functioning. These drivers software like any other software program are vulnerable to getting corrupt, expire or get outdated with time. But, the good aspect is, your manufacturer keeps providing updates for these softwares absolutely free of cost. These are also used to resolve certain problems and issues with your device due to a malware attack or any other kind dysfunctional ties. So it is recommended for users to keep a tab on these drivers or at least check the drivers of a particular component like your DVD-Writer, wireless antenna, Bluetooth etc. If any of the part on your computer or attached to it malfunctions, make sure you check whether all the drivers associated with is in perfectly fine condition.
We at our Computer Technical Support receive various complaints & queries from computer users regarding malfunctions and issue they are facing. Among all these queries, majority of you seems to be confused about drivers and how do they work. In this article I will discuss how to find Drivers for particular components on your computer as well as how to update them by yourself. So follow these instructions carefully. In case you are facing any issues with your PC and feel the need of technical intervention from computer experts, then do contact us at our Computer Technical Support.
How to find whether any Driver has malfunctioned on your computer?
Drivers of your computer components are installed on your PC itself. In order to determine whether a particular driver has expired or corrupt, you need to check a few details and if you find any of these drivers not working, uninstall them from your control panel. I will discuss various methods to find out faulty drivers and how to remove them in the following section. So follow the instructions mentioned below carefully:
- Start your computer and then go to the Device Manager on your computer.
- Once the Device Manager Window opens up, you will notice all the devices and components listed.
- Search for the device or component which is not functioning properly, and click on it. All the drivers associated with that part will get listed.
- If any of the drivers is corrupt or not functioning, you will notice a Warning or Alert sign in the form of triangle. Make note of these drivers and close the Control panel.
- Now go to the Control Panel on your computer, and click on Uninstall a Program,
- All the installed computer software programs will get listed here including your drivers, install each of the software drivers which is not functioning or have got corrupted.
- Now you have successfully removed the faulty driver from your computer system. In the next section we will look at how to install and update drivers for your PC.
How to install and Update Drivers for my computer device?
After successfully removing the faulty drivers from your computer, you need to install the fresh copy of those drivers too, to maintain a smooth flow or working of your computer components. These driver softwares are absolutely free to download from your vendor’s official website. It is also necessary to update them regularly to maintain a smooth proper functioning of different computer parts. Here, I will discuss in detail on how you can download and update drivers for your computer.
- Open your web browser and navigate to the official website for the component or product you are looking to update the driver for. Let us suppose you are using a Dell Laptop and you need to update the drivers for wireless modems or wifi. So you will navigate to Dell’s official website.
- On the main page, click on Support? Downloads/Services any of these, as different manufacturers have different section name for drivers.
- On the Drivers & Downloads section, you need to enter certain information like the model number of device, type of device etc and then all the available updated driver for your device will get listed.
- Download all necessary drivers for your device and install them onto your PC. Restart the system so that it can make necessary changes to itself.
This is how easily you can download and install different drivers on your computer. This is what we call Drive Support on your computer.
Apart from direct manual update, you must keep a tab on these and make sure you update them regularly whenever your manufacturer releases one. Since the number of components on your computer is quite vast, thus it is not easy to keep a tab on all the drivers on your computer. For these reasons we recommend the user to download a third party application to automatically update drivers whenever they are available. These applications are very small in size and do not take up much space on your computer. So install any of this third-party Software or Driver updater and forget about keeping a tab on the updates.
Contact our Computer Support for Efficient and Affordable Solutions:
We at Best Buy Computer Support provide some of the finest solutions for majority of computer issues. We as a service provider understand the dependency of users on the computer machines and thus, try to provide the quickest solution possible.
We also understand that these machines may falter without any prior notice or warning, so we have made our services available for 24/7 round the clock. It does not matter if your computer starts giving you trouble in the middle of the night, reach out helpline number and let our technicians help you get to a proper solution in no time. Our services are renowned for its efficiency. You can reach us at our TFN 1-800-828-6304 for any driver related issues.