Hp printers have become the backbone of advanced printing experience with their range of home printers, office printers, and even modern printers that can be used on the go.
These printers are renowned for their longevity and steady performance. But over the years due to some external and internal reasons, and also due to wear and tear of the internal parts, the printers tend to show errors. One such error is ‘hp printer error 50.2’ which we will discuss in this article to help you empower with troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue.
It is important to understand the reasons why the error occurred in the first place. By understanding it, you will be in a better position to deal with the troubleshooting methods and will maintain your printer in a much better way for the future usage. So let us look into the reasons why this error crops up:
- Incorrect installation of the new fuser in your printer.
- There can be a fuser failure due to sudden external shock received by the printer.
Let us fix the error:
The solutions to this error are pretty straightforward. Please make sure you follow the steps in the order given below:
The first solution is to give your printer a power cycle. This usually resolves the error as it allows your printer to settle any new updates made to the printer. To power cycle your printer, follow the following steps:
- Switch off your printer.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Please wait for your printer to settle.
- Plug in the power cord back into the printer.
- Now you need to first switch on the power from the wall power outlet. Please make sure you don’t use any power surge plugs.
- Now switch on your printer by pressing the power button. (Give your printer a while after switching on to allow it to settle the internal functions.)
- You can now take a test print to see if the issue has got resolved or not.
If the error still persists then solution 2 may help you resolve it. Sometimes while transporting the printer the internal parts of the printer get loose. One such area which gets affected is fuser. They are usually consumable parts of the printer, so along with the probability of their wear and tear, you should also check if they are installed in the right position. Please follow the given steps in the order mentioned below:
- Switch off your printer.
- Disconnect all the USB cables and other connecting cords from the printer.
- Carefully take out the fuser from the printer.
- Give your printer a rest time.
- Please inspect the cable connections of your HP printer. Are they damaged or broken? Are the ports that connect the printer to the PC, in alright condition? Is the universal serial bus (USB) cable of hi-speed, if your PC needs a hi-speed interface? Is there any other printer drivers running automatically running in the background? Additional printer drivers can affect the recognition of the particular printer that you wish to use by your PC.
- Now carefully open the right-hand side of the printer.
- Gently try to move the gears of the fuser. Inspect carefully for any broken, burnt, overheated, or worn out part of the fuser.
- Place the fuser aside on a clean paper.
- Reconnect all the cables and the USB cords to the printer.
- Plug in the power cord in the printer.
- Switch on your printer. Do you see a different error on the control panel of your printer?
- If yes, then switch off your printer.
- Install the fuser back and switch on your printer and you should be able to use it normally.
If the error doesn’t get solved then you need to replace the fuser.
Scope of Services:
- The above steps should help you resolve the ‘hp printer error 50.2’, but you may still need some technical assistance.
- To help you in need, our HP technical support team for resolutions is always available.
- You can feel free to connect with our experts at any hour of the day as and when required.
- You can opt to either chat with us live or email us as per your convenience.
- You can also call us on ✆+1-800-828-6304 for a customized service on your issues.