The HP Printer Error Broken Pipe chiefly occurs when there is a network failure or the transmission barrier between the device and the network. For understanding the error you should know what a pipe is, pipe here refers to the medium through which the communication between the two processes takes place. If the pipe from one end of the process gets closed due to certain reasons like the process on one end is killed or died, then the error “Unable to write print data: Broken pipe” message appears on the screen. Here we will discuss about the causes and the troubleshooting for this error in detail.
Reasons for HP Printer Error Broken Pipe To Occur
There could be N number of reasons for the error to occur but some of the reasons that are the main cause for this error are:
- Loss of the IP address during the print operation.
- Loaded Queue
- Intrusion or intervention during the print operation being performed.
- When you are working on a Local Area Network and suddenly the network is lost or for the wifi printing setup.
- Operating system is not capable to write the data to the printer.
- Corrupt Files in the Common UNIX printing system.
- When you make changes to your system and the printer.
To solve this issue you need to reset your printer, Install using the IP address, check for the supported drivers of printer or unload the loaded queue.
How to Reset The HP Printer For Broken Pipe Error For Windows System
To resolve the issue follow the steps provided below:
- You need to reset your printing system and then re-add it for it’s proper functioning.
- Go to the Control panel and open the system preferences.
- Then select the Print and Fax option.
- Next you need to right click on the blank space near where the list of printer is displayed.
- Once u right click a pop-up box appears that shows the for reset print system.
- Now click on the reset print system option so that the operating system can restore all the common UNIX printing files to the default settings.
- After doing this the print queues will be
- Now reboot your system and add the printer.
For the MAC operating system the error message that is displayed is: “Stopped unable to write print data broken pipe MACBOOK pro hp color LaserJet cp4525 printers”. Follow the steps to solve the issue for MAC.
Reset Printing System function in Mac OS To Resolve The Broken Pipe Error
- First go to the apple menu and select the system preferences.
- Then go to the view menu and select the Print & Fax option.
- Next click on the remove printer button which looks like this (“-”).
- If there is no printer then click on the add printer button(“+”).
- Further go to the contextual menu and select the reset printing option.
- Once you are done with it reboot your system.
- Check for the latest drivers for your printer install them and start printing the files.
- Note: You may also need to repossess your network settings from the control panel. So for this in the settings option of the printer use the hps wifi auto config.
Install A Printer Using IP Address
- Go to the start menu and in the search box enter advance print.
- Select the advanced printer setup option and choose the printer.
- Next click on the Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname option and click on the next button.
- After that in the device type list select the TCP/IP and enter the IP address of the printer.
- Further from the drop down list choose the network adapter which is installed in your printer.
- Once you are done with it windows will prompt you to install the drivers and then you can print via IP address.
Unload The Loaded Queue
- For this you will have to turn off your computer and remove the power supply.
- Make sure you save the docs you wanted to print as all the data will be removed from the queue and the unsaved docs will also be removed.
- Next click on the window button and open the window services.
- Further select the print spooler option and choose the stop option.
- Now delete all the files from the queue and shut down your system.
- Reboot your system and the printer and start printing.
Scope of Services
- One stop destination for queries.
- Quick Response of each query asked.
- Guaranteed and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Highly qualified and capable team to provide best solutions.
- 24*7 Online HP Printer Tech support available.
Call HP Printer Customer Support Number ✆+1-800-828-6304 and Get Support For .