Brother printers are a reliable choice of many. With their par excellent printing performance, it has Brother Printers that have made their places in homes, school, and libraries, small and big companies and so on.
However, there can be times when your printer faces certain challenges to process your print command. It can happen due to several internal mechanical errors, external environmental reasons, and gradual wearing out of the machine parts. Sometimes due to our own silly mistakes, printer faces errors. One such error is – ‘Brother Printer Error 77.’ We will discuss this error and the troubleshooting methods in this article. Let’s begin!
Let us first dig into the reasons behind this error. By understanding the reasons you will be able to handle the error at a deeper level. Plus you will be able to maintain your Brother printer in a better way for the future use. So here are the real culprits that cause this error:
• Sometime due to a faulty thermistor in the fuser, the printer may show this error.
• The gradual wear and tear of the thermistor in the fuser of your Brother printer can also lead you to this error.
• The faulty lamp of the fuser can be another culprit behind this issue.
• Even a loose connection between fuser and the printer’s internal parts can make this error crop up.
• Other times your printer requires a parameter rest.
Troubleshooting of ‘Brother Printer Error 77’:
Let us look at the ways that can help you to fix the issue. In this part of the article, you will look at some solution, and some common tips to bear in mind while following the solution. Make sure you follow the steps in the right order as they are mentioned:
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to give your printer a power cycle. Sometimes this seemingly simple step can do wonders to your printer. So follow these steps to power cycle your printer:
• First of all, make sure your printer is switched on.
Tip: Sometimes the machine goes into sleep mode because it has stayed inactive for a very long time. You can confuse the sleep mode with the machine being switched off. To wake up the machine, simply press any button.
• Press the power button to switch off the machine.
• Please disconnect all the USB cables and other cords from the printer.
• Now you need to wait for about fifteen minutes. This will allow your printer to cool off.
• After the wait, please connect all the USB cables and the other cords back into the printer.
Note: Please connect the power cord of the printer directly to the wall outlet.
• Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
• Again wait for a while to allow your printer to properly initiate its internal functions.
• Take a test print to see if the error has resolved.
Quick Fix 2:
Another way to fix the error is by going into maintenance mode to perform a parameter rest on your Brother Printer. Here is how you can do it:
• Hold the ‘Menu’ button while you switch on your printer.
• Hold the key until the LCD displays ‘Maintenance.’
• Press ‘91’ to perform a parameter reset.
• The reset will happen almost instantly.
• After the reset please press ‘99’ to exit the maintenance mode.
The above steps should resolve the error. In case t doesn’t please move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 3:
Other reasons that may lead you to this error are stated below along with their remedies:
• If the error still persists then you may have a faulty thermistor in the fuser which needs replacement.
• Otherwise, you may need to inspect the fuser lamp and the wire connections of the fuser; which may further require a hardware replacement.
Scope of Service:
We aimed to provide you best troubleshooting methods with the help of this article.
In case you still are facing any other issue, please feel free to reach us 24/7:
If the problem doesn’t resolve even after the second deep cleaning or if you have any doubt in performing the aforesaid steps, then please feel free to contact us on our Brother Printer Support Toll-Free Number ✆+1-800-828-6304. We are a pool of professional technicians who strive to resolve all your brother printer error 77.