Like all technical products and machines, even your HP printer and fax machine are not without its technical problems, in spite of being the most widely demanded brand for printers. Leaving aside the common printer hardware and driver problems, including paper jam, bad prints or slow prints, the users of HP printers also face the alphanumeric or numeric errors codes, for which they have to check the fax or printer log report for an explanation. One such common error is error code 290. Let us find out in this article how to resolve error 290. However, it is always advisable to get professional help to get rid of HP printers’ such as alphanumeric or numeric error codes. In such scenario dial HP Printer Technical Support Number.
Error 290 is basically a fax error of your HP printer. Error 290 implies that a communication error has occurred with the sending fax machine.
Steps to resolve the issue
To rectify such an error, it usually requires expert hands. Try the following methods to solve the problem:
Method 1 Basic Method
- Shut down the printer
- Disconnect the power cord and USB cable
- Wait for sometime
- Reconnect the power cord and USB cable
- Restart the system
- Restart the printer/fax
- Send the document
Retry the fax reception. This you should try when you feel that the telephone lines have improved.
If there are still disturbances in the telephone lines, call the telephone provider.
- Retry the fax reception by splitting the document into two portions.
- One portion corresponding to the Error Correction Mode (ECM) and the other to non-ECM portions
- Usually, you use Non ECM to send document with photo
- Turn off ECM when you send such a document with photo
- ECM should be turned on under normal conditions
Contact us for more support
For errors like as 290, it is always better to get professional help as most users may not be aware of ECM and non-ECM modes. If you have tried Method 1 and 2 as mentioned above and still facing the problem, then call us immediately. Call us at ✆+1-800-828-6304 to get immediate help. Our team of technical experts will find out the perfect solution for your HP printer error 290.
Scope of services
- 24 hours availability: We assure you that your work does not come to a standstill as we are available all the year round.
- Talented pool of experts: We have a talented pool of technical experts who are well-trained, qualified and certified to resolve all HP printer issues.
- Advanced technology: We make use of latest tool and equipment to resolve the issue
- 100% guaranteed solution
- Reliable and affordable services