HP Printers are the most widely used printers at homes, home offices, and offices. These are affordable printers that serve multi-functions like print, copy, scan, fax etc. However, in spite of being a reputed brand, the HP printers are not without their technical faults. One basic problem that users face while using the HP printer is the printer error, represented by a numeric code. There are various numeric codes representing different errors. One common HP printer error is error code 2. Let us know in this article why this error 2 occurs and how to resolve the issue.
An E2 error appears when the HP printer tries to print a single-page or multi-page print job, and the length of the paper chosen in the print settings is not the same as the length of the paper loaded in the tray. So, when the print command is given, the first page comes with errors. You will see the Error icon, Paper Error icon, and Resume light blinking when such an error occurs.
How to solve the HP printer error 2?
The following steps will solve the problem:
- Cancel the print job by pressing the Cancel button
- Next, change the paper settings in the printing software
- Click on print and check whether the error occurs or not
Steps to change the paper settings:
- Open the print window
- Open the document that you want to print
- Edit the layout, text font and size, and other appearance settings
- Click File or the menu icon
- Click Print
- General print settings appear
- Go to advanced print settings
- Click Printer Properties
- In advanced layout, you can make the following changes in the layout as per options available and as per requirement:
- Portrait or landscape orientation: Click on Orientation menu on the layout or click Features. Now, choose portrait if you want to print something vertical and print landscape if you want to print horizontally
- Paper tray or source: If there are more than one tray, select the tray where you have loaded the papers. For this, click on Paper/Quality on menu or Features tab
- Paper type: You have to choose among the various paper types like as plain, brochure, or other specialty types. For this, go to Paper/Quality or Features tab and type paper type
- Paper size: Here, you have to choose between letter or legal paper, the size of the paper that you loaded in the HP printer. Go to Advanced Options or the Features tab and click on Size or Paper Size menu.
- Now, give the print command
Your printer error code 2 will be resolved in this way.
Still facing the issue? Contact us
Call us at ✆+1-800-828-6304 to resolve your error 2 in your HP printer. If you are not being able to do the above troubleshooting, then let us help you. We have an excellent team of technicians to solve your HP printer error 2, including other printing errors and issues.
Scope of services
- We are available 24 hours. Call us any time and we will be there.
- Our HP Printer technical support team will give the solution in the quickest possible time.
- Our trained, certified and efficient tech team will solve your HP printer problematic issues in the most effective way.
- We believe in fast, efficient and reliable service.
- Feel free to contact us at ✆+1-800-828-6304 whenever you need us.
- You will be 100% satisfied with our support services for your HP printers