You can’t deny the importance of the hard copy in the heavily internet-dependent lifestyle. Hard copies are important right from school projects to big ventures in business, in chasing your dreams in any field and so on.
But what to do, if all of a sudden your printer refuses to print? All it shows is a coding error? The coded language that is so daunting that you choose to visit an IT technician rather than thinking to resolve it on your own? Well, we suggest you calm down. These errors are rather a way of self-help from your printer. How? Well, this article is just about that. We will discuss ‘Brother Printer Error 55’ in this article. So let’s get started!
What are the causes that make this error crop up in the first place? Has your machine broken down? Well, no! When your printer displays this error, it means:
- This error is related to the laser unit of your printer. This error message is displayed on the LCD of your printer when our printer has printer 100,000 pages.
- Due to the gradual wear and tear of the laser unit of the printer, it has reached its end of life. Therefore, it needs replacement.
By understanding the reason, you become far more able to handle the error in a better way. Additionally, you gain a great insight on handling the printer for the future use.
Troubleshooting of Brother Printer Error 55’:
In this part of the article, you will find ways to troubleshoot the error. In addition, you will also find some tips on maintaining your printer. All you need to do is to follow the instructions in the right order as they are mentioned:
- Laser unit of the Brother printer is a consumable part of the machine.
- It needs a periodic maintenance and should be replaced once exhausted.
Please note: Although you can continue printing while you still have this error displayed, you will get a very bad quality print while this error exists.
- The periodic maintenance is not covered under the standard Brother Printer warranty.
- Also, you should know that the periodic replacement is also not covered in Brother Printer warranty.
Warning: You must not attempt to replace or install the Brother printer’s laser unit on your own. You need to seek a professional assistance. Brother company doesn’t take any guarantee of any third party services.
Following is the way to reset the laser unit:
- Press the ‘Home’ button to bring the print LCD to its main screen
- You need to open the reset menu. To do so please press ‘3’ and ‘9’ keys simultaneously.
Note: If you won’t press the ‘3’ and ‘9’ together, you might end up getting ‘3’ or ‘9’ number of copies. If it happens then simply press ‘Cancel’ button to stop the print command.
- Select ‘Laser Unit’ from the reset menu.
- The machine will ask you to confirm the initiation of the reset process. Please press ‘Yes.’
- Once you press ‘Yes’ the process will start.
- Don’t disturb the machine while the resetting goes on.
- Upon completion of the process, it is advisable to restart your machine.
- Now you need to switch of the printer by pressing the power button.
- Once it is switched off, give it a rest time of about two to three minutes.
- After the wait, please switch on your printer.
- Again wait for about two to three minutes to allow a proper initiation of the machine’s internal process.
- You can take a test print to see if the error has resolved.
Scope of Services:
After reading this article, we hope you have managed to resolve the error message- ‘Brother Printer Error 55.’ In case you want any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our team of experts is available for you 24/7 at: