Whether you are a student who is seeking to open your first ever email account or an entrepreneur who is thinking to have an online identity for venturing into your dreams, we are here to give you an insight on setting up a new email account.
An email account has found its place in the basic needs of any organization, business, and individuals. It has become an easy global access point for business and personal usage. Moreover, it is a way to smartly manage contacts, save loads of information on the cloud, transfer files from one point of the earth to another; and all this happens in an instant!
Before setting up a new email account you should consider the following advice for your online safety and easy understanding:
1. The first thing you require is a username. A username can be your name or your company’s name or it can also be some interesting combination of words which defines your purpose such as ‘youngpoets’ or ‘art&craft’ or ‘singwithsam’ etc. Just make sure the username you choose should clearly speak for your purpose i.e. private or professional.
2. As a second step, you need to decide what password you wish to use to login to your account. A password is a key to your account, so make sure it is strong enough. To ensure its strength consider the following points:
- A password should consist of at least 8 characters, it should be a combination of letters, numbers and special characters (e.g. ‘!’, ‘_’. ‘&’ and so on).
- A password is considered to be a form of sensitive information, so never ever reveal it to strangers. Your online safety lies in your hands.
- Avoid choosing obvious words as your passwords. Here is a tip for creating a smart password. Think of any sentence/phrase that you can remember easily and pick the initial letters of every word of that sentence to form a unique word. For example: ‘I went to Mexico in the year 2015’; will give you “IwtMity_2015”. So be creative and create your own unique passwords.
3. There are several email services you can choose from. You should check what benefits one email service provides over the other. For instance, check the number of MB (megabytes) one service provides as an attachment with their e-mail. Also look at the number of users and their feedback to get a better ‘user-experience’ clarity before you set up your email account.
After the above background check, you are now ready to set up your email account. Follow these simple steps for a confusion-free set-up:
- Click on email service provider’s sign up button.
- The next page should take you to an online form with marked mandatory fields such as your name, last name, password etc. They are usually marked with red asterisk ‘*’.
- In the username section, you should provide the unique name that you have selected for your company or for personal use.
- Next comes the password section. As we have understood the importance of a strong password, so use your creativity and come up with a unique password that no one can guess!
- Often email service providers ask for a security question as an added measure to ensure you can still log in to your account in case you forget your password. You can choose from a variety of security questions such as ‘Who is your best friend?’ or ‘Name your first school’ or ‘What is your pet’s name?’ etc, and save your answers along with them.
- After this often the form asks you to punch in the combination of letters and numbers which are shown in captcha picture which is embedded in the form.
- Additionally, some email service providers also ask you to provide information such as your gender, nationality, mobile numbers (which are verified by sending an OTP on your mobile number.)
- Towards the end of the form, the Email-service provider asks you to read through their terms and conditions. Once you have read through it, you can now click the ‘accept’ button which finishes the formality of setting up a new email account.
After following the above steps you should be now taken to a new page where you can set details of your new email account. Things like profile photo, background color, theme, notification sounds, contact lists etc can be easily managed from the ‘settings’ option found in your email account page. You can now enjoy contacting anyone on this planet from any device of your choice. Enjoy the freedom with safety and responsibility.
For any further support:
You can call our talented pool of experts who can give you customized support. They are available 24/7 to keep you worry- free regarding any issues with setting up a new email account.