MP3 player troubleshooting includes all the steps taken to identify and then solve the problem or issue occurring in the MP3 player at hand. The MP3 players are still a thing, besides the glorious iPod. There are many options available in the market, which vary in size, color, battery life, storage capacity, and budget. The list is plenty as the choices are many. The choice should be made cautiously. There are a number of players available in the market which provide new features and offer amazing sound clarity. Despite this, problems may occur such as; tracks may freeze occasionally, certain files may not play in some format and many more. Here are a few tips for MP3 player troubleshooting:
1. The MP3 player may freeze: In case a bad or a corrupt file has been uploaded onto the player, MP3 play may freeze. This may also happen in case there is an error in the internal software. One cannot change the track or stop it unless the player is unfrozen.
2. Certain files do not play: Some of the MP3 players do not play WMA songs. It is one of the most common issues in MP3 players. When this happens, one must transfer the file to Windows Media Player. In case, this program is not available, one can try out other recommendations provided by the online music service provider.
3. Deleting certain files: It may be difficult for some of the users to know how to delete the files from the MP3 players. There are two ways of deleting a file from the player:
- Delete from the MP3 player: in order to delete from the player itself, play the song that you want to delete using the play/pause button. Then one can go to the menu option and delete it.
- Delete through the computer: When the MP3 player is connected to the computer or a laptop, one can straight away go to the player’s directory, select a song, and then go ahead and delete it through the delete key available on the keyboard.
4. Updating the firmware: Updating the firmware is important to ensure uninterrupted service form the mP3 player. If the player does not load properly, it may happen because the firmware requires an update. One can download the latest version from the website. Further, they may be an error message, while downloading the firmware. Do not shut it down. Rather, go to ‘My Computer’, go to the drive of the player, right click and select the format player option. One can try to reinstall the firmware on the player.
5. Repeating or skipping songs: Sometimes music tracks skip or there may be times when the same track keeps on repeating.
- Skipping tracks: there might be something wrong with the track. Try to delete it and re-record it or download the track again. It is important to turn the Error Correction setting on while recording the track. This will help to correct any issues coming up while uploading the track on the MP3 player.
- Repeating tracks: the tracks may repeat over and over again because the “Repeat Play’ button is turned on. In order to fix this up, hold the Play button until the Option menu appears. One can scroll down the options to take play mode off.
In case, you have any issues regarding mp3 player, you can reach us at our TFN 1-800-828-6304. Our technical experts are available 24/7 for your assistance.