Compaq Computer Corporation was founded in the year 1982 by three former senior managers of Texas Instruments, Rod Canion, Jim Harris and Bill Murto. In the year 1991, Compaq became the world’s number one PC manufacturer, the reason being, the price of its products fell down drastically. Till 1997, Compaq computers were sold through resellers. Later, the company adopted a policy of manufacturing “built-to-order” computers and manufactured some of the first IBM PC compatible computers. In 2002, it was acquired by Hewlett-Packard (HP). The brand name “Compaq” was retained till 2013. It is said that the name Compaq was coined from two words “Compatibility and Quality.” It’s been more than 3 decades now and Compaq has lived up to its reputation as one of the leading and reliable computer manufacturers of the world.
Compaq’s List of Products and its Features
The first product of the company was a portable computer. This was released in 1983. It released various hand-help portable devices. In subsequent years, Compaq started manufacturing desktop computers, laptops and notepads.
COMPAQ PORTABLE SERIES
- The first was the Compaq Portable, the first complete IBM compatible PC.
- Then Compaq Portable Plus was manufactured. This was a 16-bit portable computer with an IOM-byte fixed disk drive, which can run all software developed for the IBM PC/X.
- This was followed by Compaq Portable 286, equipped with 6/8-MHz 286 and a high-speed 20-MB hard drive.
- Compaq Portable II was the smaller and lighter version of Compaq Portable 286.
- Compaq Portable III was marketed as the lightest and the smallest portable device as compared to the previous portable PC versions.
- Other portable versions included Compaq Portable 386, Compaq Portable 486 and Compaq Portable 486c.
COMPAQ DESKTOP SERIES
- In 1984, the company released a desktop PC, the Compaq DeskPro. It was the first non-portable computer of Compaq. It operated at a faster speed than an IBM PC. It was a 16-bit desktop computer. Manufacturing of this PC was discontinued after the merger with HP.
- Then came Compaq DeskPro 386, the first PC based on Intel’s new 80386 micro-processor and ran on Windows 2.1.
- In late 1989, the Compaq SystemPro server was launched, the first true PC-based server, which supported a 32-bit bus, RAID disk, dual-processor support, and Intel’s 486 chip much before its main competitors.
COMPAQ PORTABLE LAPTOP SERIES
Besides the portable PC models, Compaq also produced the modern-day laptops and notepads. Some of the popular models are:
• Compaq SLT laptop series: The first laptop with VGA video standard and a detachable keyboard and offered a bright high-resolution display. With 12-megahertz 80C286 processor, it was one among the fastest micro-processors and can handle most applications.
• Compaq LTE notebook series: The Compaq LTE and the Compaq LTE 286 were the first models of computers in the size of a notebook, and hence the term “notebook” series was used for small-sized computers. Both the notebooks ran on MS-DOS version 3.31 and included built-in hard disk and floppy disk drives, the first of its kind.
• Compaq Contura value notebook series: These were mid-size notebooks and available in various models like as included models 3/20, 3/25, 3/25c, 4/25, 4/25c, 4/25cx, 400, 400C, 400CX, 410, 410C, 410CX, 420C, 420CX, 430C, and 430CX etc.
• Compaq Contura Aero subnotebook series: Then, the Compaq Contura Aero series were produced, which were among the earliest subnotebook computers. The models were 4/25 and 4/33c and ran on MS-DOS and Windows 3.1, and later on Windows 95.
• Compaq Aero handheld series: These were palm-sized PCs, with different models like as 1500 Palm-size PC, 2100 Color Palm-size PC, and 8000 Handheld PC Pro.
• Compaq Concerto pen table convertible: This was manufactured in 1993 and was the first tablet computer manufactured on a large scale by Compaq. With some special features like as a detachable keyboard, and a pen & touch screen, it could not, however, became very successful.
Compaq Support: Resolving Issues Related to the Compaq Products
For smooth, fast, reliable functioning of business operations as well as for personal work, we need our computer systems to work extremely efficiently. But, due to many factors like as lack of maintenance, product expiry, internal and external damage, and other unforeseen circumstances, problems in computer systems become unavoidable. Like all electronic devices, even Compaq products also tend to develop problems.
Do you need technical support for your Compaq product? Is your Compaq desktop or laptop having problems or errors? Need help checking for and removing a virus? Are you facing problems updating Compaq drivers? Require support with Compaq software or hardware?
Compaq provides technical support for its range of PCs, laptops and notepads, like all computer manufacturers. There are two ways by which the problems can be resolved:
Contact Customer Support
You can solve the problem in the system on your own. This can be done by getting support online through Customer Support . Register or sign-in. Enter your product name or serial number along with keywords or question in the “Search all Support” field. Accordingly, solve the issue as directed step-by-step. Or else, you can download drivers, manuals and troubleshooting information for HP/Compaq products. However, this method is suitable for only those users who have some technical expertise in resolving computer issues.
The best way to solve your Compaq PC problem is to contact technical support online or offline. You can get all kinds of support for the complete range of Compaq laptops and desktops if you connect with a professional and reliable support team. Live technical support is very essential to ensure you an efficient and undisturbed performance of your device. Technical support can assist you in every area of concern such as follows:
- Technical support for Compaq products
- Check for malware and viruses
- A complete scan of your Compaq computer/laptop/notepad
- Install security updates to protect your PC from online threats
- Schedule regular driver updates
- Resolve software conflicts in your Compaq product
- Troubleshooting display issues of your Compaq Laptop or Notepad
- Installation / Configuration of software
- Updating the operating system
- Installation printers and scanners to your Compaq product
- Setup of internet and wireless connectivity
- Restoration of data from old Compaq machine
- Email Setup and Problems
- Startup & Boot Problems
- Fix all registry related issues and many more…
If you require any sort of support for any issue related to your Compaq laptop or desktop, our technical computer support is just a phone call away. Call our talented pool of experts at 1-800-828-6304 to resolve your computer problems. They are available 24/7 to keep you worry-free regarding the issues of Compaq computer products.